Cold War Resources
Resources for Researching Cold War Topics
America in the Cold War
The links below will take you to resources that are not a part of WSCSS website. Links will open in a new window.
- Remembering the Forgotten War
- 50th Anniversary of the Korean War
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- American Experience/Presidents/Eisenhower/Program Summary
- Vietnam Yesterday and Today
- American Experience: Vietnam Online.
- Baseball, the Color Line, and Jackie Robinson
- Berlin Airlift
- Berlin Airlift Veterans Association
- Berlin Wall: Before and After
- Berlin wall and division of Germany (East and West)
- "Birdland: Two Observations on the Cultural Significance of Baseball"
- Cold War Hot Links: Web Sources Relating to the Cold War
- Cuban Missile Crisis, October 1962: Continuing Lessons
- JFK: The Man, The President
- Korean War. During and just after the Korean War, Kimpo Air Force Base (K-14) was home to the 11th, 12th, and 6166th TAC Reconnaissance squadrons. The squadron airplanes were RB- and WB-26C Invaders, painted black and stripped of all armor and weapons. "Lonesome Lil", "Triple Nickel", "No Sweat", and "Snooper" were some of the names chosen for the aircraft. The missions were taking reconnaissance photographs, recording weather patterns, and tracking enemy radar. The flights were flown in all conditions, the worst of weather, and the middle of the night. For most of the squadron members, however, the most memorable thing was the cold of the Korean winter, a cold which easily penetrated the canvas tents that served as home.
- Lyndon B. Johnson
- Project Whistle Stop contains materials from the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum. The site was put together to facilitate greater use of technology and primary-source research in the classroom.
- ROSA PARKS
- Such Cold War Heroes as These!
- "The American 1950s"
- Viet Nam Pictures Archive at SunSite
- VIETNAM WAR PIC
- The Rising Tide - IN MEMORIAM: RICHARD NIXON 1914-1994
- The Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace
- Warren Burger
- THE ENERGY CRISIS
- Looking back, 25 years on, at the Watergate scandal
- Watergate: Break-In - Activities
- The First Women's Rights Convention
- The 4th R, Human Rights Education Resource Guide - Women
- Gerald Ford/Single Bullet Theory False
- The Ronald Reagan Home Page
- Justice Sandra Day O'Connor did not participate in the
- RUSSIAN VIEW
- Gorbachev hits Yeltsin presidency
- Iran Contra Pardon Cast
- Iran-Contra and Consistent Themes During the Cold War
- George Bush Biography
- Thomas' rulings show a man of integrity
- Heroes of the Desert Remembered
- Gulf War Veteran Resource Pages
- Operation Desert Storm (4 of 5)
- Welcome To The White House
- Welcome to the White House for KidsWelcome to Prophecy and Current Events
- alt.current-events.clinton.whitewater Archive
- Yahoo! Full Coverage - Mars Global Surveyor